TMS (Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) therapy was recently FDA-approved for patients suffering from major depression who have not benefited from prior anti-depressant treatment. This form of therapy is non-invasive which works quickly and efficiently to accommodate your schedule. During a professionally monitored procedure which generally lasts around forty minutes, TMS gently sends a pulsed electrical current to specific areas of the brain believed to be involved in mood regulation. The goal of Reliance TMS Therapy is to allow you to feel the pulsations of hope and renewal coursing through your everyday activities once again. It can be the beginning step towards a positive outlook on the possibly forgotten beauty of life.
- TMS Therapy is highly effective based off of clinical research. It has even been considered more effective and beneficial based off of success rates than Pharmacotherapy Intervention and Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT).
- TMS Therapy does not have the systematic side effects like those that other anti-depressant drugs cause such as, weight gain, sexual dysfunction, nausea, dry mouth, sedation, and others. The only reported discomfort is a minor-moderate headache, and redness/ sensitivity in the specified area on the scalp that was treated upon. Even these side effects were generally seen only within the first week of treatment and would taper off in the duration of treatment.
- It is a painless procedure.
- With TMS being a non-invasive, non-systematic procedure it could be considered more appealing to some patients compared to other therapies for depression.
- It is an outpatient therapy.
- There is a 0.1% chance for a patient to have a seizure in result of treatment. In over 10,000 clinical trials with the NeuroStar TMS system, there were no seizures reported.
- Patients have the benefit of receiving reports regarding their progress and their results throughout the course of treatment.
- Pre-treatment Consultation:This initial consultation is to ensure that you are a suitable candidate for Reliance TMS therapy.
- First Day of Treatment:Treatment is administered by a trained operating technician and overseen by your psychiatrist.
- Duration:Depending on the patient’s individual needs, treatment protocol could consist of anywhere from 20-30 treatment sessions extended over a 4-6 week period, five times per week.
- CommunicationReliance TMS Center staff members would like to know your feedback and enjoy learning how we can help your treatment experience be as comfortable as possible. Read More